Failing to signal, speeding and passing illegally in Alexandria are not simple traffic infraction. Any of these action can lead to a serious criminal charge of reckless driving. Not shockingly, traffic tickets are big business. If you’re in traffic long enough, odds are you will pick up a speeding ticket or some other traffic citation. But all traffic tickets, especially speeding tickets and reckless driving ticket, can affect your license.
The main reckless driving statute in Virginia can be found in the Code of Virginia section 46.2-852. Reckless driving under this statute is devoted by someone who drives his/her vehicle on any highway recklessly or at a speed or in a manner so as to jeopardize the life, limb, or property of any person” irrespective of the posted speed limit.
In case of reckless driving ticket in Alexandria you will face the following consequences:
- Reckless driving is a Class I misdemeanor which allows a fine of $2,500. This fines varies abased on your record, court policy, speed and several other factors. The average fine for reckless driving ticket in Alexandria will be computed as regular speeding ticket.
- Most of the people who receive the reckless driving ticket depend on their license for work. Some of the judge suspend the license where driver was going twice the speed limit.
- Jail time is not a penalty for reckless driving. However for those caught speeding more than 95 or 100 mph, jail time becomes a realistic possibility.
- Alexandria drivers will be assessed six demerit point on their record and this conviction will stay on the record for 11 years. If you have enough bad driving points you will be forced to take classes, face an administrative suspension, or lose your license.
- There are many factors which determine the degree to which an individual’s driver’s insurance will rise. To recognize what will occur in your specific case it is significant to speak with your insurance agent.
- Drivers that depend on their license for a living might lose their job as a result of a verdict or even a license suspension as a result of a conviction.
If you are facing reckless driving ticket in Alexandria the attorneys with our firm have the legal knowledge and resources to support clients fight the criminal charge, working for a discharge, a release, or a decrease of the charge.