Falls and/slips occur daily. And in many cases, you cannot sue legally because you did not suffer any injury or because there was no dangerous condition that caused the fall. However, other cases are not so simple, and the best option is to consult the best personal injury attorney in Fauquier Virginia specialized in such type of cases as soon as possible.
Cases of falls and/or slips occur mostly in two types of properties, commercial and residential. There are different requirements and legal obligations depending on the type of property.
To be able to sue against a commercial property’s owner or the person responsible for the property:
- It must have caused the dangerous condition.
- You had to have known the existence of the dangerous condition, and he did nothing.
- You should have known why a reasonable person in your place had discovered and eliminated or eradicated it.
According to best personal injury attorney in Fauquier Virginia, to be able to sue against residential property, you must prove that:
- The owner had control over the condition that caused the slip and/or fall.
- Repairing or remedying the condition would not have been difficult, an impermissible or excessive expense.
- The severe injury is as the result of foreseeable consequences for not having remedied the dangerous condition: and
- The property owner failed to take the necessary precautionary measures to avoid the accident.
The best personal injury attorney in Fauquier Virginia recommends you to take following steps if you have suffered serious injuries in a private building or shopping store to make a claim in your personal injury case:
- Notify an employee or manager of the store
- Insists that a report be made at that time.
- Take pictures of the place or situation that caused the accident if you are trained.
- Seek medical help immediately if you need it.
- Require that the evidence of a video camera be preserved in writing.
- Write down the name of witnesses and telephone if there were any.
- Contact doctors in this type of injuries to increase the chances of a quick and total recovery.
- Request a free consultation with lawyers specialized in Premises Responsibilities.
Logically, in the vast majority of cases, the plaintiff does not admit negligence and tries to blame you at least in part for the fall and/or slip. And this is most often considered as a legal defense, says the best personal injury attorney in Fauquier Virginia.
Most Common Used Legal Defenses by the Plaintiff against the Claimant
- An ordinary person should expect to find that condition.
- An ordinary person would have seen that condition and avoided it.
- We have an obligation to look where we are going.
- The defendant had the outfit or the inappropriate shoes, or the person injured was going very fast on the sidewalk with ice.
If you have suffered an injury on a public place or private property as the result of someone’s negligence, then you must consult the best personal injury attorney in Fauquier Virginia immediately to increase the chances of compensation and not allow the deadline to sue expires.